School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) invites applications from educators for the position of Vice-Principal at Port Clements Elementary School effective August 1, 2019.
Haida Gwaii, in Northern British Columbia, is an archipelago of more than 150 islands. The islands have gained a reputation for outstanding natural beauty and a remarkable Haida Indigenous culture. Haida Gwaii can provide something of interest to everyone: history, archeology, fishing, boating, hiking, cycling, surfing and more.
Port Clements Elementary school is located in Port Clements, BC serving approximately 26 students from Kindergarten to Grade 7.
In addition to possessing or being eligible for certification through the BC Teachers Regulation Branch and possessing an appropriate Master’s Degree (or in progress towards attaining one), it is expected that the successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and qualities:
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community including parents, staff, students, Haida Indigenous Band Councils, and community;
- Evidence of connecting school and community in authentic and sustained ways;
- Intervention strategies and effective leadership and collaborative decision-making abilities;
- Knowledge of instructional supervision practices;
- Detailed knowledge of instructional strategies and programs;
- Proven ability to provide educational leadership and to motivate students and staff;
- Working knowledge and experience of Indigenous education;
- Ability to implement the goals in the District’s Enhancement Agreement, Strategic Plan and Vision;
- Working knowledge and experience with students with special needs;
- Knowledge of Safe Schools initiatives, coupled with successful experience.
Interested applicants are encouraged to forward a resume, statement of philosophy and at least three professional references by 3:00 PM, Friday, May 24, 2019 to:
Principal Selection Committee
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Fax: (250)559-8849; Email: email@example.com
The District appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.