START DATE: As soon as possible to the return of the incumbent no later than June 30, 2021
SALARY: $25.31 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Mondays to Fridays, when schools are in session
LOCATION: Queen Charlotte District Administration Office
Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Designate, the Transportation Dispatcher dispatches bus drivers, assist in directing the daily operation of the Transportation Department and provides administrative assistance to the Supervisor.
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by general office procedures
- Valid BC Class 2 Driver’s preferred
- Basic knowledge of traffic and safety regulations
- Ability to provide direction to bus drivers
- Ability to determine and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures
- Suggests changes to vehicles and routes to ensure safe and efficient operating conditions.
- Working knowledge of computers, including spreadsheets, database and word processing
- Ability to effectively use courtesy and tact, verbally and in writing, in the explanation and discussion of information in contacts with public, parents, staff and students.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and organize the workload effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to obtain various training as directed by the Maintenance & Transportation Supervisor.
Please visit our website for a comprehensive job description: www.sd50.bc.ca.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69 Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM