SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 50
TEMPORARY PART-TIME MAINTENANCE I
North Graham Island
START DATE: Effective July 6, 2020 to September 2, 2020
SALARY: $22.37 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Twenty-four (24) hours per week, Eight (8) hours a day (Mon. Tues. Wed.)
This position is considered an entry position for those who have no formal training, is considered an unskilled position. The position requires a person who is able to work by him/herself under a minimal amount of direction. Work assignment control is received from the Working Foreman. Supervisory control is under the jurisdiction of the Manager of Operations.
- Grade 10 level of education is required, grade 12 would be preferred.
- Previous experience would be an asset or the willingness to learn from hands-on experience.
- Maintain familiarity with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) and WorkSafe BC (WSBC) safety regulation.
- Possess a valid B.C. driver’s license.
- Must possess a set of hand tools that are currently listed in Tool List “A” of the current contract agreement and have such tools available during working hours.
- The position is one that has inherent sensory and physical tasks and as such the job requires the capability to perform tasks such as lifting, pushing, holding, reaching, bending and carrying.
- The ability to read, write, comprehend written or oral instructions.
- To be able to work alone and efficiently.
- To co-operate with school staff in adjusting work schedules so as not to affect the instruction of students.
- To meet and deal tactfully with students, members of staff and public. To work harmoniously with persons in their peer group.
- Maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance while performing job duties.
- The position is one that requires working both indoors and outdoors and at times to perform unpleasant tasks owing to the nature of the work.
- To operate all vehicles in a manner that is not in conflict with the laws and regulations governing the operation of a motor vehicle in the Province of British Columbia.
- Training in WCB Level I First Aid or better or the willingness to obtain the same.
Please forward applications by Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM to:
PO Box 69, Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849; E-mail: email@example.com