START DATE: Effective September 6, 2022
SALARY: $28.83 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Four (4) hours per day, five days per week
Under the supervision of the principal or designate, the Early Childhood Educator leads before/after school care and works collaboratively with the kindergarten teacher in facilitating the seamless day forkindergarten and primary students. Knowledge of early childhood education is essential to this position.
- Completed Post-Secondary certificate or Diploma as an Early Childhood Educator.
- Valid Childsafe First Aid Certificate.
- Clear criminal record check and up to date immunizations as required by the Child Care Licensing Regulation.
- Current Early Childhood Educator’s Certificate to Practice from the BC government’s ECE Registry.
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent experience within a licensed child care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the British Columbia Early Learning Framework and Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Framework.
- Experience creating, organizing, planning and implementing an early learning program.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong communication skills, (verbal, written and electronic formats) and ability to work as part of a team with colleagues, parents and children.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills ability to work with minimal supervision. An understanding of local indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69 Village of Daajing Giids/Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Fax: 250-559-8849
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.