The Board of Education of School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is seeking a temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) Learning Resource and Senior English Teacher effective September 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019at Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary School.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position;
- Completion of Level B Assessment Training course;
- Successful teaching experience in the position or in a similar position;
- High level of skills related to successful classroom management, and to the development and maintenance of a positive classroom climate;
- Ability to deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues, and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- Possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of Individual Education Planning and Behavioural Plans;
- Proven interpersonal skills, work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, education assistants, parents and administrators;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities for students with academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Knowledge of school based teams;
- Understanding of local resources and environment;
- Working knowledge of and experience in Aboriginal education;
- The ability to work in a team situation daily in the classroom;
- BC College of Teachers certification.
If you are interested in assuming this role and are a community minded leader seeking a new challenge, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references by Friday, June 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
District employees need only submit a letter of intent.