START DATE: Effective April 11, 2023 to June 30, 2023
SALARY: $31.59 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Twenty-seven and a half (27.5) hours per week
The Indigenous Resource Worker is responsible to assist students and families in understanding what is needed for success in school and to facilitate better communication between parents/guardians and their schools. This position will provide intervention or prevention programs for at-risk behaviours in Indigenous students.
- Grade 12 and/or a minimum of one year of relevant college courses or demonstrated successful experience working with Indigenous students.
- A thorough understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- A thorough understanding of the educational and behavioural problems faced by students and a commitment to address those problems.
- Experience in working with children, youth and/or parents/guardians.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality in dealing with all matters pertaining to students and staff.
- Ability to maintain individual files, records of interviews and other reports.
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License
Please visit our website for a comprehensive job description: www.sd50.bc.ca.
If you are interested in assuming this role and are a community minded leader with working and living knowledge of Haida culture, please submit a general application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69, Daajng Giids, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849 E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.