START DATE: As soon as possible until the return of the incumbent or no later than June 30, 2023
SALARY: $31.59 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Temporary thirty (30) hours per week
The Education Assistant performs a variety of duties related to working with students and the preparation of teaching materials. This position works under the supervision of the Principal and will in the course of duties take direction from individual teachers.
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by one to two years of formal training in Special Education.
- Over six months to one year related experience.
- Ability to work with students in an instructional setting and in a one-on-one setting.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the exploration and discussion of information with internal contracts.
- Ability to use judgment in applying rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and task analysis techniques desirable.
- Basic skills in computer operations.
- Operate equipment such as photocopying machines, audiovisual equipment, laminator and binding machine.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff.
For a full list of qualifications and typical duties, please consult the Handbook of CUPE Job Descriptions on the District website, sd50.bc.ca.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69, Village of Daajing Giids, BC
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday April 4, 2023 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.