START DATE: January 8, 2018 to June 29, 2018
SALARY: $24.71 per hour; $26.07 per hour with recognized formal Education Assistant training
HOURS OF WORK: Two (2) hours per day, five (5) days per week
The Education Assistant performs a variety of duties related to working with students and the preparation of teaching materials. This position works under the supervision of the Principal and will in the course of duties take direction from individual teachers.
- Grade 12 graduation preferably supplemented by courses in Special Education.
- One to two years of formal training beyond graduation, in a field related to the assignment.
- Experience working with a student with down syndrome preferred.
- Ability to work with students in an instructional setting.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the exploration and discussion of information with internal contracts.
- Ability to use judgement in applying rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and task analysis techniques desirable.
- Basic skills in computer operations.
- Operate equipment such as photocopying machines, audiovisual equipment, typewriter, laminator and binding machine.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: December 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM