START DATE: As soon as possible until the return of the incumbent or no later than June 24, 2022
SALARY: $27.33 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Split shift of four (4) hours per day, five (5) days per week
Successful candidate must be available for a two-day training and orientation session (dates to be determined).
The Bus Driver is responsible for the operation of school buses used to transport students within the district and maintains the safety and cleanliness of the school buses. This position works under the supervision of the Manager of Operations and will in the course of duties take direction from Principals and individual teachers.
- Grade 10 graduation
- Valid BC Class 2 Driver’s License
- One year related experience
- Ability to interact with students in an effective manner.
- Ability to apply, and may involve a choice of, established methods and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
- To maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance while performing job duties.
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better, or the willingness to obtain the same
- Willingness to obtain various training as directed by the Manager of Operations.
Please visit our website for a comprehensive job description: www.sd50.bc.ca.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED