School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is seeking interested qualified applicants for the position of Superintendent of Schools. As Superintendent, the chosen candidate will serve as our Chief Executive Officer responsible for all district operations.
School District No. 50 is situated on Haida Gwaii, in Northern British Columbia, an archipelago of more than 150 islands. The islands have gained a reputation for outstanding natural beauty and a remarkable Indigenous culture. School District No. 50 is located 80 km west of Prince Rupert and is comprised of six (6) schools serving approximately 485 students.
Our district is seeking an experienced educational leader who has demonstrated:
- Strong and visible advocacy for the achievement of excellence in education within both the school district and the larger community;
- Working knowledge and experience of Indigenous education;
- The capability to develop, recommend, implement and assess a comprehensive and coordinated set of district goals, policies, plans and initiatives;
- Experience providing educational service in a rural setting;
- The use of technology including data management, distributed learning, and familiarity with MyEd BC;
- Working collaboratively with all education partners including Indigenous Education Councils and Indigenous Band Councils;
- Provision of a solid, supportive, harmonious and accountable leadership in a unionized environment;
- Sound personnel management expertise, a high level of integrity and strong work ethic.
The successful candidate must possess or be working towards a Masters or Doctoral degree in a relevant field and be eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate.
If you are interested in assuming this role, please submit the following by Friday, August 31, 2018:
- A current resume which identifies all relevant teaching/leadership/professional development activities;
- A brief overview of how your abilities meet the skills identified above;
- Your educational philosophy;
- Copies of relevant transcripts and degrees;
- At least three professional references (including current supervisor) and their present contact numbers.
Please contact Shelley Sansome for further information regarding this career opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants agree to confidential reference checks as a condition of application. Please direct applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69, Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Email:email@example.com; Fax: 250-559-8849