The Board of Education of School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is looking to contract with a qualified individual consultant or organization to facilitate community engagement activities in support of its development of a design for a kindergarten to grade 12 school in Masset, BC.
Project Timeline: September 2018 – November 2018, with possible extension
The contracted consultant or organization will help plan and implement community engagement activities with the goal of seeking input from diverse groups of the District’s partners and community stakeholders in development of the design to renovate Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary to support students from kindergarten to grade 12.
Key components of the work will likely include:
- Designing and planning of overall community engagement activities in consultation with District leadership.
- Overseeing execution of all community engagement activities/meetings with appropriate guidance and support from District staff including communication and outreach, logistics, content development, and facilitation of discussions.
- Providing full reports from all community engagement activities/meetings including 1) detailed notes from each meeting, 2) summary report and implications, and 3) presentation of high level findings and recommendations to the Board of Education and leadership.
- Experience in related field (nonprofit, foundations, community development) with proven track record of mission-driven work built on deep understanding of and strong engagement with the communities it serves.
- Knowledge and experience with northern Haida Gwaii communities.
- Outstanding written, oral/public and visual communication skills.
- Expertise in community engagement, facilitation, communications strategy and event planning.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in close collaboration with diverse constituents including in group or committee settings.
Prospective contractors are requested to submit the following information via email to email@example.com by Friday, August 24, 2018 with Subject Line filled as “RFP: Community Engagement – (Your/Organization Name)”.
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV or Organizational Qualifications
- Relevant samples of prior work
- Contact information for three professional references
- Explanation of your approach to the scope of work with corresponding budget
- Contract budget
For any questions about the RFP, contact Shelley Sansome at firstname.lastname@example.org