The Board of Education of School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is looking to contract with a qualified individual consultant or organization to facilitate community engagement activities in support of its development of a design for a kindergarten to grade 12 school in Masset, BC.
Project Timeline: January 2019 to February 2019, with possible extension
The contracted consultant or organization will help plan and implement community engagement activities with the goal of seeking input from the District’s community stakeholders in development of the design to renovate Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary to support students from kindergarten to grade 12.
Key components of the work will likely include:
- Designing and planning of community engagement activities in consultation with District leadership.
- Aid with community engagement activities/meetings by providing communication and outreach, content development, and facilitation of discussions.
- Providing full reports from all community engagement activities/meetings including 1) detailed notes from each meeting, 2) summary report and implications, and 3) documentation of high level findings.
- Resident of Haida Gwaii.
- Experience in related field (nonprofit, foundations, community development) with proven track record of mission-driven work built on deep understanding of strong engagement with the communities it serves.
- Knowledge and experience with northern Haida Gwaii communities.
- Outstanding written, oral/public and visual communication skills.
- Expertise in community engagement, facilitation, and communications strategies.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in close collaboration with diverse constituents including in group settings.
Prospective contractors are requested to submit the following information via email to email@example.com by Friday, January 4, 2019 with Subject Line filled as “RFP: Community Engagement – (Your/Organization Name)”.
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV or Organizational Qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
- Contract budget
For any questionsabout the RFP, contact Joanne Yovanvich at firstname.lastname@example.org.