START DATE: September 4, 2018
SALARY: $26.70 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Four (4) hours per day, three days per week
This position reports directly to the School Principal. The Strong Start Facilitator performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education, stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
- Early Childhood Education license to practice;
- One to two years experience in a related field, i.e. early childhood education, teaching, recreation, social work, community development;
- Training and/or experience working with children in the 0-5 age range;
- Training and/or experience working with parents/adults in a facilitative role;
- Knowledge of Haida Gwaii community services;
- Knowledge of relevant early learning programs and services.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Application Deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018 at 3:00 PM