Please see the attached document for full details.
The Haida Gwaii Board of Education invite all stakeholders to attend the next public board meeting to be held on Tuesday, February 27th beginning at 6:00 PM at the SD50 District Office in Queen Charlotte. Video conferencing will be available at Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary in Masset.
Tahayghen Elementary School
An employment opportunity exists for a temporary part-time (0.1 FTE) Elementary Teacher, one afternoon per week, effective as soon as possible until June 29, 2018 at Tahayghen Elementary School.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position;
- Working knowledge of and experience in Indigenous education;
- High level of skills related to successful classroom management, and to the development and maintenance of a positive classroom climate;
- Ability to deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues, and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- Possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of Individual Education Planning and Behavioural Plans;
- Proven interpersonal skills, work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, education assistants, parents and administrators;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities for students with academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Knowledge of school-based teams;
- Understanding of local resources and environment;
- The ability to work in a team situation daily in the classroom;
- Teacher Regulation Branch certification.
This 0.1 FTE position may be combined with other assignments or posted part-time positions.
If you are interested in assuming this role, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references by Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION, SCHOOL DISTRICT 50, HAIDA GWAII INVITES YOU
TO ATTEND PUBLIC MEETINGS
ON THE FUTURE OF MASSET SCHOOLS.
The Board is currently seeking input from parents, community members and others with respect to the potential closure of Tahayghen Elementary School.
There will be two open public consultation sessions facilitated by Haida Gwaii’s Co+Host consultants:
In Old Massett
Monday, March 5, 2018 Starting at 6 pm
Old Massett Community Hall/Recreation Centre
Thursday, March 8, 2018 Starting at 6 pm
Howard Phillips Centre
Snacks will be provided
Comments and feedback are also encouraged and welcome by filling out the feedback form. ClickHere
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 50
|Qualified applicants are being sought for the casual positions of Records Clerk and Administrative Assistant at Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary and Tahayghen Elementary Schools. Grade 12 level of education is required. The salaries for these positions range between $23.46 and $28.30 per hour. A comprehensive job description and application form can be obtained from the District website at www.sd50.bc.ca.
Please send complete application package along with three professional references to:
Maureen Benoit, Human Resources Officer
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69, Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Fax: (250) 559-8849; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a time of year that tends to be filled with expectations, plans, and caring for our loved ones, it is important that we take the time to look after ourselves too. The holidays can be fun and for a variety of reasons they can also be stressful. When we care for our own light, we brighten the world around us.
Please open the following printer friendly document to view the newsletter.