An employment opportunity exists at Tahayghen Elementary School for a TEMPORARY part-time (0.4 FTE) Haida Language and Culture Teacher effective September 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position;
- Successful teaching experience in the position or in a similar position;
- High level of skills related to successful classroom management, and to the development and maintenance of a positive classroom climate;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities;
- Proven interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, special education assistants, parents and administrators;
- Working knowledge of and experience in Haida language and culture;
- The ability to work in a team situation daily in the classroom;
- Applicants must be eligible for BC College of Teachers certification.
If you are interested in assuming this role and are a community minded leader seeking a new challenge, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Daajing Giids, BC V0T 1S0
District employees need only submit a letter of intent.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 9, 2023
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.