Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
School District #50 Haida Gwaii is closely monitoring the Global Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. We will provide updates of any developing information on this page.
For parents and guardians, we encourage you to share B.C.’s new dedicated phone service for non-medical information about COVID-19: 1-888-COVID19. Service representatives are available seven days a week from 7:30AM to 8PM, and information is available in more than 110 languages.
Specific public health questions re COVID-19 should be directed to your local health authority for response.
- March 31, 2020 – Public Board meeting on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 ( Has been Postponed )
- March 27, 2020 – Staff Notice – RE: Return to work
- March 27, 2020 – SD50 Letter Closing Playgrounds Equipment Rooms March 2020
- March 26, 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Continuity of Education
- March 24, 2020 – SD50 Letter to Parents March 2020
- March 18, 2020 – Update From School District No. 50 Haida Gwaii
- March 17, 2020 – Letter From Rob Fleming Minister of Education (Suspending In-Class Instruction)
- March 14, 2020 – SD50 Pandemic Response Plan
- March 13, 2020 – Letter from the Superintendent of Schools; Mr. Carey Stewart.
- March 13, 2020 – Letter from the Deputy Minister of Edcuation