CONTINUING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION 8-12, SCIENCE 9 AND SCIENCE FOR CITIZENS 11 TEACHER
GidGalang Kuuyas Naay Secondary School
An employment opportunity exists for a continuing part-time (0.857 FTE) Technology Education 8-12, Science 9 and Science For Citizens 11 Teacher effective September 1, 2019 at GidGalang Kuuyas Naay Secondary School.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position;
- Working knowledge of and experience in Indigenous education;
- High level of skills related to successful classroom management, and to the development and maintenance of a positive classroom climate;
- Ability to deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues, and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- Possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of Individual Education Planning and Behavioural Plans;
- Proven interpersonal skills, work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, education assistants, parents and administrators;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities for students with academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Knowledge of school-based teams;
- Understanding of local resources and environment;
- The ability to work in a team situation daily in the classroom;
- Teacher Regulation Branch certification.
If you are interested in assuming this role, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resumé and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Application Deadline: July 18, 2019, 3:00pm
Teachers currently employed with the district need only submit a letter of intent.