BOARD OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 50
Continuing StrongStart Facilitator
Port Clements Elementary School
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $27.71 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Four (4) hours per day, three (3) days per week
This position reports directly to the School Principal. The StrongStart Facilitator performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education, stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) with a current license to practice;
- One to two years experience in a related field, i.e. early childhood education, teaching; recreation, social work, community development;
- Training and/or experience working with children in the 0-5 age range;
- Training and/or experience working with parents/adults in a facilitative role;
- Knowledge of Haida Gwaii community services;
- Knowledge of relevant early learning programs and services.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM
If no qualified applicants are identified, the position may be filled on a temporary basis with a candidate who is actively enrolled in an approved ECE training program and mentored by an ECE with a current license to practice.