START DATE: January 7, 2019
SALARY: $26.70per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Four(4) hours per day, two (2) days per week
This position reports directly to the School Principal. The StrongStart Facilitator performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education, stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) with a current license to practice;
- One to two years experience in a related field, i.e. early childhood education, teaching; recreation, social work, community development;
- Training and/or experience working with children in the 0-5 age range;
- Training and/or experience working with parents/adults in a facilitative role;
- Knowledge of Haida Gwaii community services;
- Knowledge of relevant early learning programs and services.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50(Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte,BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Open until filled
If no qualified applicants are identified, theposition may be filled on a temporary basis with a candidate who is activelyenrolled in an approved ECE training program and mentored by an ECE with acurrent license to practice.