START DATE: Effective September 6, 2022
SALARY: $27.33 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Five (5) hours per week
The Library Clerk provides typing and clerical support to the Teacher Librarian and provides assistance to the library users. This position works under the immediate direction of the Teacher Librarian and the general supervision of the Principal.
- Grade 12 graduation including typing 50 c.w.m.p. and general office procedures.
- One to two years related experience.
- Working knowledge in computer operations such as database.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use judgement in carrying out established procedures.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the routine exchange or provision of information with internal contacts.
- Good knowledge of Business English, spelling and punctuation.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff, and ability to work with these groups.
- Trained in WCB – Level I First Aid or better or the willingness to obtain the same.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Daajing Giids/Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 250-559-8849
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.