Continuing Education Assistant
Agnes L. Mathers Elementary Jr. Secondary School
START DATE: Effective September 3, 2019
SALARY: $28.60 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Fifteen (15) hours per week
The Education Assistant performs a variety of duties related to working with students and the preparation of teaching materials. This position works under the supervision of the Principal and will in the course of duties take direction from individual teachers.
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by courses in Special Education.
- One to two years of formal training beyond graduation, in a field related to the assignment.
- Ability to work with a student in a one-on-one setting.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the exploration and discussion of information with internal contracts.
- Ability to use judgement in applying rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and task analysis techniques desirable.
- Basic skills in computer operations.
- Operate equipment such as photocopying machines, audiovisual equipment, laminator and binding machine.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM
If no qualified applicants are identified, the position may be filled on a temporary basis with a candidate who may lack some of the minimum qualifications.