START DATE: July 2, 2018
SALARY: $28.11 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Five (5) hours per week
The School Administrative Assistant acts as a confidential administrative assistant to the Principal, ensures the efficient operation of the District Distributed Learning Program and performs a variety of administrative assistant duties for the Program staff as approved by the Principal.
- Grade 12 graduation, including typing 60 wpm, bookkeeping and office procedures.
- One year of formal training beyond graduation in a field related to the assignment.
- Four years related experience.
- Working knowledge in computer operating systems and electronic student information systems.
- Ability to operate various office equipment including photocopier, facsimile, PA system, postage machine, laminator and shredder.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop procedures.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in contracts with parents, public, staff and students.
- Good knowledge of Business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Recognize and respect he confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff, and the ability to work with these people.
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better, or the willingness to obtain the same.
This position may be bid on by qualified employees with existing appointments where the total number of hours worked will be a minimum of four (4) hours and a maximum of seven (7) hours per day; this caveat is without prejudice or precedence. These combined hours must be able to be scheduled to meet the school’s organizational requirements.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018 at 3:00 PM