START DATE: June 25, 2018
SALARY: $28.70 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Thirty-five (35) hours per week
The Secondary School Administrative Assistant acts as a confidential administrative assistant to the Principal, ensures the efficient operation of the school office and performs a variety of administrative assistant duties for the school staff as approved by the Principal.
- Grade 12 graduation, including typing 60 wpm, bookkeeping and office procedures.
- One year of formal training beyond graduation in a field related to the assignment.
- Four years related experience.
- Working knowledge in computer operating systems and electronic student information systems.
- Ability to operate various office equipment including photocopier, facsimile, PA system, postage machine, laminator and shredder.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop procedures.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in contracts with parents, public, staff and students.
- Good knowledge of Business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Supervisory responsibility over Clerk Typist
- Recognize and respect he confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff, and the ability to work with these people.
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better, or the willingness to obtain the same.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018 at 3:00 PM