START DATE: Effective as soon as possible
SALARY: $25.31per hour
HOURS OF WORK: One(1) hour per day, five (5) days per week for a.m. shift
The Bus Driver is responsible for the operation of school
buses used to transport students within the district and maintains
the safety and cleanliness of the school buses.
This position works under the
supervision of the Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor and will in the
course of duties take direction from Principals and individual teachers.
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Valid BC Class 4 Unrestricted License
- One year related experience
- Ability to interact with students in an effective manner.
- Ability to apply, and may involve a choice of, established methods
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
- To maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance while performing
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better, or the willingness to
obtain the same
- Willingness to obtain various training as directed by the
Maintenance & Transportation Supervisor.
Please visit our website for a comprehensive job
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50(Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Thisposition may be bid on by qualified employees with existing appointments wherethe total number of hours worked will be a minimum of two (2) hours and amaximum of eight (8) hours per day; this caveat is without prejudice orprecedence. Financial support for training for unqualified candidates may bepossible.