START DATE: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: $33.69 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Forty (40) hours per week
The Haida Gwaii Board of Education and its employees are committed to an educational community that fosters dignity, resilience, and personal success for all students while honouring the customs and traditions of the Haida Nation. School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is seeking interested qualified applicants for the position of Working Foreman.
- Possess a valid Interprovincial Trades Certificate, preferably in carpentry or electrical; minimum two years experience beyond the apprenticeship program.
- Possess a full set of hand tools that are currently listed in the “Tool List D” of the current contract agreement and have them available during working hours.
- Maintain familiarity with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) safety regulations.
- Possess a valid B.C. Drivers License.
- The position is one that has inherent sensory and physical tasks and as such the job requires the capability to perform tasks such a lifting, pushing, holding, reaching, bending and carrying.
- The position requires training and/or supervision of custodial, other maintenance personnel and contractors.
- The ability to read, write and comprehend oral and written instructions and to be able to read construction drawings in the trade qualified.
- Co-operate with school staff in adjusting work schedules so as not to affect the instruction of students.
- To be able to work harmoniously with fellow employees and be willing to impart knowledge and skills to those employees who have less experience.
- To meet and deal tactfully with students, members of staff and public.
- To maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance while performing job duties.
- The position requires both working indoors and outdoors in fair and inclement weather and at times performing unpleasant tasks owing to the nature of the work.
- To be able to work with a minimum amount of direction once job assignments have been made.
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better or the willingness to obtain the same.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Friday, November 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM