CASUAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Tahayghen Elementary and Gudangaay Tlaats’gaa Naay Secondary Schools
START DATE: Effective as soon as possible
SALARY: $28.60 per hour
The Education Assistant performs a variety of duties related to working with students and the preparation of teaching materials. This position works under the supervision of the Principal and will in the course of duties take direction from individual teachers.
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by one to two years of formal training in Special Education.
- Over six months to one year related experience.
- Experience working with a student with down syndrome preferred.
- Ability to work with students in an instructional setting.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the exploration and discussion of information with internal contracts.
- Ability to use judgement in applying rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and task analysis techniques desirable.
- Basic skills in computer operations.
- Operate equipment such as photocopying machines, audiovisual equipment, laminator and binding machine.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
A comprehensive job description and application form can be obtained from the District website at www.sd50.bc.ca.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM