BOARD OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 50
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
CASUAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT
START DATE: Effective as soon as possible
SALARY: $30.35 per hour
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) is looking to hire Casual Education Assistants to work throughout the school district on an on-call basis. Please provide your preference of school(s) and your availability in your cover letter.
The Education Assistant performs a variety of duties related to working with students and the preparation of teaching materials. This position works under the supervision of the Principal and will in the course of duties take direction from individual teachers.
- Grade 12 graduation supplemented by one to two years of formal training in Special Education.
- Over six months to one year related experience.
- Ability to work with students in an instructional setting.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the exploration and discussion of information with internal contracts.
- Ability to use judgement in applying rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and task analysis techniques desirable.
- Basic skills in computer operations.
- Operate equipment such as photocopying machines, audiovisual equipment, laminator and binding machine.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of all information related to students, parents and staff.
- An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary Indigenous issues.
The application form and a comprehensive job description can be obtained from the District website at https://sd50.bc.ca/forms/.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Open until filled