Update April 8, 2019:
Chief Election Officer Duncan White has extended the nomination period for Electoral Area 2: North By-Election to close April 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM according to Section 97 of the Local Government Act.
Please note that Area 2 : NORTH includes Village of Masset / Tow Hill/ Nadu, etc
However, Area 2: NORTH does not include Old Massett or New Town
Any qualified elector of BC may run, but the nominators must be qualified electors residing in Area 2: NORTH
If using this file package, please print SINGLE SIDED…
Printed copies available at Village of Masset Office and School District Office (Queen Charlotte)
- SD50 2019 F-3 – FULL Nomination Package School District ANNOTATED
- SD50 2019 F-3-09.1x – Nomination Package Cover Sheet – School District FINAL
- SD50 2019 F-3-09.8 – Candidate Information Release Authorization
The Resignation of the School Trustee for Area 2: NORTH requires School District 50 to commence a By-Election process to fill the vacated position on the Board of Education for SD#50: Haida Gwaii. In the event an election poll is required, only electors of Area 2: NORTH will be eligible to vote.
Area 2: NORTH includes almost all the area north of the Islands Solid Waste Landfill on Highway 16, except for Old Massett Village and New Town.
However, a qualified BC voter does not have to reside in Area 2: NORTH to run as a trustee candidate.
Dates may refer to the 2018 General Election, make sure you consult our notices for 2019
- 2018 candidates_guide_to_local_elections
- 2018 elector_organization_guide
- 2019 guide-to-local-elections-campaign-financing-in-bc-for-candidates-and-their-financial-agents
- 2018 Local Elections Campaign Financing Act Aug 1
- 2018 school_trustee_election_procedures
- Local Government Act
- School Act
- Elections BC Website