TEMPORARY SPECIAL EDUCATION RESOURCE TEACHER
Tahayghen Elementary School
An employment opportunity exists for a temporary part-time (0.6 FTE) Special Education Resource Teacher at Tahayghen Elementary School effective September 8, 2020 until the return of the incumbent or no later than June 30, 2021. This position is designed to support teachers and provide services to students who have mild to moderate difficulties in learning and/or behaviour. The Special Education Resource Teacher will participate as a member of the school-based teams, refer students to district services and review/monitor programs established for students.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position.
- Working knowledge of and experience in Indigenous education.
- Ability to teach students to develop learning strategies for use in classroom settings or for independent learning.
- Ability to teach skill development or remediation.
- Ability to develop strategies for dealing with mild emotional or behavioural difficulties.
- Ability to advocate for students to ensure appropriate differentiated instructional strategies, program adaptations and access to other support services are in place.
- Possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of Individual Education Planning and Behavioural Plans.
- Proven interpersonal skills, work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, education assistants, parents and administrators.
- Teacher Regulation Branch certification.
If you are interested in assuming this role, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references by Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:00 PM to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Teachers currently employed with the district need only submit a letter of intent.