An employment opportunity exists for a temporary part-time (0.6 FTE) Grade 5/6 Teacher effective September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 at Tahayghen Elementary School.
- A university teaching major, or its equivalent, directly related to the teaching position;
- Working knowledge of and experience in Aboriginal education;
- High level of skills related to successful classroom management, and to the development and maintenance of a positive classroom climate;
- Ability to deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues, and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- Possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of Individual Education Planning and Behavioural Plans;
- Proven interpersonal skills, work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, education assistants, parents and administrators;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities for students with academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Knowledge of school based teams;
- Understanding of local resources and environment;
- The ability to work in a team situation daily in the classroom;
- Teacher Regulation Branch certification.
If you are interested in assuming this role, please submit a teacher application complete with comprehensive resume and supporting documents, along with three (3) professional references by Friday, May 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. SD50 is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from qualified Aboriginal candidates.