START DATE: September 5, 2017
SALARY: $24.71 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Twenty (20) hours per week
This position reports directly to the School Principal. The Strong Start Facilitator performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education, stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
- Early Childhood Education license to practice;
- One to two years experience in a related field, i.e. early childhood education, teaching, recreation, social work, community development;
- Training and/or experience working with children in the 0-5 age range;
- Training and/or experience working with parents/adults in a facilitative role;
- Knowledge of Haida Gwaii community services;
- Knowledge of relevant early learning programs and services.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. SD50 is strongly committed to diversity within its community; preference will be given to qualified applicants of Haida ancestry.