START DATE: September 5, 2017
SALARY: $23.31 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Twenty-four (24) hours per week from September 1st to May 31st; Forty (40) hours per week from June 1st to August 31st
This position is considered a semi-skilled position. The employee is expected to assist in any one of the numerous job disciplines required in school facilities maintenance.
- Grade 12 level of education is required.
- Previous experience in building maintenance would be an asset or the willingness to learn from hands-on experience or to register in related courses as required by the School District’s needs.
- Maintain familiarity with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) safety regulations.
- Possess a valid B.C. driver’s license.
- The position is one that has inherent sensory and physical tasks and as such the job requires the capability to perform tasks such as lifting, pushing, holding, reaching, bending and carrying.
- The ability to read, write and comprehend oral or written instructions, and by degree of experience the ability to read architectural, or mechanical, or electrical drawings.
- To operate safely all hand-held fixed power tools that are made available to the employee and to assure that such tools are kept in a safe workable condition.
- To co-operate with school staff in adjusting work schedules as not to affect the instruction of students.
- To be able to work with minimal supervision on jobs assigned.
- The ability to meet and deal tactfully with students, members of staff and the public.
- Maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance while performing job duties.
- The position is one that requires both working indoors and outdoors and at times performing unpleasant tasks owing to the nature of the work.
Please forward applications to:
PO Box 69
Village of Queen Charlotte
BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. SD50 is strongly committed to diversity within its community; preference will be given to qualified applicants of Haida ancestry.