BOARD OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 50 (HAIDA GWAII)
Job Opportunity Notice
TAHAYGHEN ELEMENTARY & GUDANGAAY TLATS’GAA NAAY SCHOOLS
START DATE: Effective As Soon As Possible
SALARY: $23.00 per hour, plus a shift premium of $0.60 when applicable
The Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness, security, and energy conservation of the building to which assigned. Receives direction from the Working Foreman and is required from time-to-time to carry-out requests of the School Staff.
- Grade 12 level of education is required.
- Previous training and/or experience in janitorial procedures would be an asset or the willingness to learn and maintain safe and proper cleaning techniques.
- Maintain familiarity with Workplace Hazardous materials Information System (WHMIS) and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) safety regulations.
- Possess the ability to read and comprehend written instructions and “safety” warning of the products the employee uses and use such products safely.
- Possess mechanical aptitude to operate such janitorial equipment that is used within the facility, proper use and care.
- Possess the ability to meet and deal tactfully with students, members of staff and the public.
- The position is one that has inherent sensory and physical tasks and as such the job requires the capability to perform tasks such as lifting, pushing, holding, reaching, bending and carrying.
- The position is one that is primarily indoors but occasionally requires going outside and at times unpleasant tasks are called for owing to the nature of the work.
- Must be able to work alone, but be co-operative with peers when major tasks are encountered.
- Trained in WCB Level I First Aid or better, or the willingness to obtain the same.
Please visit our website for a comprehensive job description: www.sd50.bc.ca.
Please forward applications to:
Mr. Steve Goffic, Facilities Manager
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69, Village of Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Haida ancestry.